Monday, August 31, 2009

Music Monday!


Really enjoying the New Lady GaGa song "Paparazzi." I want to hate her so much but her music is very catchy and if you have ever seen her sing acoustically you can see she actually has a voice. This video is annoyingly long but the song is fun!


New Artist!! Kate Earl, Song: "Melody" This is a very cute song. I love the lyrics and her voice. I think she's pretty talented and sounds like Sara Barielles and a little like Colbie Caillat. Kate has an interesting background w/ a Korean father who escaped going to war and a Filipino mother who taught her that diligence was everything. It was at her parents gas station that, Kate dreamed of making music and finally her dreams have come true. I like this quote from her site "I love it when a song comes on the radio and everyone knows the words. It’s the greatest sensation to completely fall into a moment in time, to be swept up, taken under the spell of a lyric a rhyme a melody. When songs evoke the response of turning them up and singing along, it’s magic. I tried to write an album like that."



This is Mika's new single from his new album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much." Mika is always soo fun, his songs are like mini musicals..and "We are Golden" is definitely one. I was listening to this while on the subway today and had to hold back the urge of dancing on the seats!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment