
Last night I saw a screening of the new film "Julie and Julia." This movie was adorably funny as it told the story of the endearing chef Julia Child as it related the average-life of Julie Powell. Both woman mimicked they're life struggles from moving to new locations, dealing with husbands, and ultimately finding who they really are. Meryl Streep portrayed a picture perfect depiction of Julia's quirky and witty personality as Amy Adams had you relating with the struggle of an young female New Yorker just trying to fix loose ends. It was a movie about triumph and ambition that taught you to stick at what you love NO matter what. Overall, I thought it was well scripted and very cute, only objection was it was slightly too long for my liking. I think parts could have been left out and it still would have been just as cute. Nonetheless, it made me feel good afterward :)
Overall Grade: 3 1/2 Stars
No comments:
Post a Comment