Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar-Mania! I Livee for thisss...




A night of glitz and glamor! Of courseee I watched including both red carpet on E! and on ABC. :)

Let's revue...

YES PLEASE, (Things I LOVED!)

*How they had previous winners present awards this year. very fun and GENIOUS!
*Performances always make for a more entertaining award show...
*The speech by Milk writer, Dustin Lance Black was brilliant and beautiful. That movie deserves all its profound recognition. Yes Please!
*The short montages for each genre of film was also pretty neat, it broke up the boring talk from some less important people.
*Hugh Jackman is a wonderful host! He's veryy nice to look at and has a perfect personality for this gig. The opening piece definitely broud some laughter. (Anne Hathaway can SING!)
*Will Smith is a dashing Man. Yes Please!
*Team Jen all the way. She looked great!!
*Definitely shed tears for Heath Ledger. His family gave a lovely speech. RIP Heath, you'll be missed.
* James Franco and Seth Rogen's piece was hilarious and awesome!
*Kate Winslet is STUNNING, loved her dress, loved her hair, love her. Shes just soo glam and classy. CONGRATS! Well deserved.
*Alica Keys, my girrllll!! SOOO pretty. Not sure why she's there, but no complaints!
*I have never seen High School Musical or anything w/ Zac Efron in it, but I think he has potential as a legit actor.
*The Slumdog/WALL-E musical performance was excellentt!!!
*Frida Pinto and Dev Patel are too cute. They should date! haha But they're soo happy and honored, its nice to see such hard work get recognized.
*Queen Latifah you are gorggg! Both her dress choices were beautiful and her performance was lovely!
* Sean Penn is an AMAZING person and a FANTASTIC actor. His role as Harvey Milk was perfection. His speech was enlightening. Best Actor indeed. CONGRATS!
* Ben Stiller mocking Joaquin Phoenix= HILARIOUS!
*Jai Ho!!-- Congrats Slumdog Millionaire for sweeeping up the Academy Awards!



NO PLEASE (Things I Hated):

*Miley Cyrus. HER DRESS = Atrocious for someone who has no reason to be there. Also, she thinks that her movie could be nominated next year....HAHAHA. dear lord, NO PLEASE.
*Jessica Biel, I don't Like you. I disliked you before you dated JT and dislike you even more now. You looked fugs and I don't know why you're even there. BLEH.
*As much as I enjoyed the musical performance of Beyonce and Co., I cannot stand Vanessa Hudgens. She's just soo blahh. And Zac needs to find someone new. Also, was Beyonce lip-singing??!
*Whoopi talked about how she was glaming up for the Oscars and then leopard print came out. I guess its definitely Whoopi-esque. But, No please!
*Beyonce's ensemble...not so hot. No bling either, I'm soo surprised!!



Overall, the Oscar Awards were definitely less boring this year. It was entertaining and I believe the awards went to the right people! Can't wait to see what 2009 will bring! AHH, I lovee Entertainment!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment