Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No one in the Corner has Swagga like Us!! GRAMMYs 2009!


Feb 8, 2009 was the date of the 51st Annual GRAMMYS!

This is hands down my favorite award show! I think its ironic that the Grammys are my fave and I work for the Network that hosts the show, aka CBS. :D sweet lifee (lets hope I get hooked up w/ some fun paraphernalia!)

Now to analyze the show I will do the ever so popular 25 things list..about the Grammys.

1. It was clearly the year for collaborations.

2. THE WORST: Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. When I found out this was happening I shrieked in horror...how can Taylor subject her lovely voice to such debauchery. Miley stick to your own songs...and the Disney Channel please.

3. THE BEST: Justin Timberlake, Rev. Al Green, Keith Urban and Boys II Men. For a last minute performance this was very enjoyable. Justin Timberlake usually does make me tingle inside, but his rendition of "Let's Stay Together" was perfection w/ Al Green's sultry voice. You got a little soul, pop, r&b and country all in one--Awesome!

4. Jay-Z, Kanye West, T.I, Lil Wayne and M.I.A performed "Swagga Like Us" and it was disturbing thanks to M.I.A's breeching child!!! Her outfit was soo fugs and I don't know how she didn't give birth immediately after all the jumping she did. However, for her to actually go through and still perform on her due date is badass.

5. JENNIFER HUDSON!! Enough said. She looked beautiful, sad and broken, but still beautiful. Her acceptance speech and performance brought many tears to my eyes, but she's coming back and she'll be on top quicker than ever! Go Girlll!

6. Carrie Underwood, you're talented, your red carpet dress was hottt, but don't perform next year. This is been like the 8325756 year in a row.

7. Katy 'Bicurious' Perry graced us with her presence by entering the stage through the ceiling...in a giant Banana....phallic much?? The rest of her performance was Chiquita Banana's Hat dancing around the stage while she screamed 'I Kissed a Girl and I liked It.' Honestly, not her best... but i did love the dress and flat shoes!!

8. Kanye 'Cocky' West-- you weren't nominated for your album, but you still won soo don't start bitching please. Also get rid of the mullet. It's just a big NO.

9. Whitney Houston is BACKK bitchess...except not really. She looked wonderful but shes was clearly not completely over the crack yet.

10. U2 kicked off the show. Not sure how I feel about the new song... a great performance regardless. They can do no wrong.

11. Neyo, Jaimie Foxx, and Smokey Robinson brought it back old school. Which was a pretty good performance that got the crowd going again...still very random.

12. Coldplay graced our presence w/ a piano acoustic of "Lost" which I loved. Then Jay-Z joined Chris Martin on stage and it was FABULOUS. They're sooo good together. Coldplay ended the performance w/ a BANG.

13. Paul McCartney brought us some Beatles love w/ "I Saw her Standing There" while David Grohl rocked out on the drums. It was good...Not much to say about it.

14. Robert Plant and Allison Krauss won a few awards..for what?! who are they?! I have heard their one song 'Gone, Gone, Gone' once and thought it was totally a one hit wonder. Guess nott.

15. Sugarland won and performed...nobody cares.

16. Lil Wayne walked away a winner! He also performed w/ Robin Thicke. Intense Song. I enjoyed this collabo...IDK how Lil Wayne does it, but he does, everytimeee.

17. The Jonas Brothers easily ruined 'Superstition' and Stevie Wonder clearly made 'Burnin' Up' a decent song. I dont entirely hate the Jonas, but this collaboration made me cringe. While watching the show, my boyfriend noted that the Jonas repeatedly yelled "yeahh, Stevie" probably in disbelief that the performance was really happening....I agree.

18. Audrina Patridge was there. WHYYYY!!! Freakin Hills 'Celebs' do NOT deserve an invitation to the Grammys, let alone FAME of any sort. Hideous!

19. Kate Beckinsale will always look stunning, but her dress was a little too much SHABLAM for my liking.

20. BLINK 182 is coming back for moreee!! Thats soo impressive, seeing that guys didn't get along for some time. Its good to see them making it work. I am exciting to see what they'll sound like after so many years!

21.Radiohead scares me.

22. The men of Kings of Leon looked super hott on the red carpet and I wish they had performed!

23. Justin Timberlake came back for round two w/ T.I! Delicious and Well done. T.I. is on his way to redemption, watch out now!!

24. Best Dressed: Jennifer Hudson in her performance Gown.
Worst Dressed: Carrie Underwood in her performance...thing..

25. and the last but certainly not the least important point I want to make about the Grammy's is:

CHRIS BROWN WHYYYY!!!! Allegedly Chris Brown was involved in a domestic violence case in which he physically hit and did damage to a woman's face. Later we find out that Rihanna is in fact this poooor woman. Rihanna suffers from contusions and bruises in which she identifies C.Brown as her attacker.

This story depresses me but sickens me more. They were such an adorable couple..so perfect for one another. It scares me to think that Chris Brown would result to violence! WHYY!! This is NOT okay. Poor Rihanna :( This will certainly hurt him in the long run. Rihanna needs to forget him, I wouldn't mind her kicking Jessica Biel out of the way for a little J.T love!

But I really hope they both get the help they need to get through this.


Overall, the Grammys were decently enjoyable, not the best, but not the worst. The ratings were up 10% so it looks like the general public liked it too. They definitely made do w/ the extra time since douche C.brown and Princess RiRi didn't show up.



Can't wait for the Oscars later this month!


Check out the List of Grammy Winners Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment