Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One for One Movement

I am a huge advocate ordinary people helping to make a difference in the world. I've decided that its a big part of who I want to be in the world and so I want to blog about others who are also doing the same. Tom's shoes is an organization started by Blake Mycoskie who used to travel the world and noticed that a lot of kids were running around barefoot because they couldn't afford shoes to protect their feet. So he started Tom's Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. It has become so successful and he has donated roughly 150,000 shoes to children in need. His goal is to reach 300,000. I am moved and motivated by Blake's mission and I hope everyone else joins him in such a wonderful cause. Here's the site to purchase his shoes: http://www.tomsshoes.com/default.asp. I have actually heard great things about these shoes- super comfy and very cute. I really need to get my hands on some. They used to have these awesome blue and brown peace sign ones, but I think they're off the site :( Either way, I have to get myself a pair and help a child in need this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment