Last night, two of my girlfriends and I decided to try hot yoga. My friend Anna had already taken a few classes before so she was prepared for what was in store, however Julia and I were not. I can't say I loved it, but I dont think I hated it either. The more I think about it, I kind of want to try it again. I like the concept--relaxing your mind, body, soul in 100+ degree heated room. However, I don't think my body liked the idea to much. The constant switching of positions in HOT temperatures left me light headed and dizzy probably 40% of the time there. I had to constantly sit to make sure I didn't pass out or vomit all over my two friends who were just stretching away in front of me. I have never fainted before but I am pretty sure I have come close to it and that was the exact feeling I had last night. I know I don't drink enough water as it is, and last night's dehydration fest was an ultimate realization of that.
The class lasted a good 90 minutes...death. I think and hour would have sufficed. Overall, I wasn't displeased really, I just think it was a lot to take in for my first yoga class ever. Maybe with some practice and mastering regular yoga, I would be ready for hot yoga again. I was also told hot vinyasa is more flowing positions of yoga. I think I might enjoy that more, because the stop and go was a lot to handle yesterday.

If you're in the NYC area and want to try some cheap hot yoga, check out
Yoga to the People.
No comments:
Post a Comment